Midwest Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) has an excellent employment opportunity for a Certified Medical Assistant.
About the Company
Midwest Orthopaedic Institute (MOI) is located in Sycamore, Illinois. MOI prides itself on being the premiere orthopedic practice in the area. We are specialists in diagnosis and care of orthopedic problems including neck and back care, fracture treatment, upper and lower extremity issues, foot and ankle problems, arthritic conditions, joint replacement surgery, pediatrics and sports medicine. The practice has been growing with our team currently consisting of 135 employees including 12 Physicians and 1 Physician Assistant. To learn more about the practice, visit our website at www.M-O-I.com.
About the Position
MOI is currently recruiting for a full-time Certified Medical Assistant at the Sycamore location to join our team! This person would act as a float MA for the clinic. This position will report directly to the Clinic Manager.
Some of the key tasks this person will be responsible for are:
- Responsible for following new/existing patient care from check in to check out.
- Take pulse rate, blood pressure, respirations, and or temperature and determine if any of the above is normal or abnormal.
- Suture or staple removal for a postoperative patient
- Wound care and wound dressing.
- Cast application and/or removal as needed.
- Drawing up injections per provider protocol.
- Fulfill verbal orders from the provider
- Document Tests, Orders, Rx, etc. in patient EHR record.
- Liaison between patient, provider and office staff.
- Responsible for escorting patients from the registration lounge to the exam room, cast room, or X-ray waiting area.
- Data collection and data entry (health history & information).
- Provide home exercise protocols for patients per the provider’s request.
- Patient setup and education of electrical modality units as needed
- Patient DME/crutch fitting and product education.
- Daily stocking of clinic rooms.
- Following all HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Following all OSHA guidelines while handling blood or bodily fluids.
- Organization of work time and work areas.
- Checking charts before patient’s appointment and making sure all needed information is in chart: test results, referrals, lab results, etc. If anything is missing call the appropriate facility to retrieve the needed information.
- Answer phones, take messages, act on calls/messages or transfer call to appropriate department.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as needed, patient testing, admissions, and referrals. Provides patients with pre-testing instructions.
- Maintains and reviews patient records and charts, posting test results after review by physician, and tracking test results. Informs patient of test results and recommendations. Charts all phone calls, advice, and other contact with patients.
- Maintains current knowledge of your aligned Allied Health professions processes, current developments, procedures and techniques by:a. Participating in professional development activities and maintaining professional affiliations and licensure.b. Reading current professional literature and journals.
- Additional duties as allowed by current State licensure.
This position requires the following:
- Education: Must possess the minimum degree by an accredited school for your certification.
- Experience: Orthopedic experience preferred.
- Certificate/License: Must be certified in Illinois as a Medical Assistant
- Ability to work on a rotational basis throughout the clinic with different providers as needed.
Compensation will be dependent on the individual’s experience and qualifications. MOI provides a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off, continuing medical education allowance and a 401K.
Midwest Orthopaedic Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability.